How to bake a RealFlow mesh flowing down steps of a pyramid

Discussions about the use of Realflow in Cinema 4D
Jultec

How to bake a RealFlow mesh flowing down steps of a pyramid

Postby Jultec » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:50 pm

Hi everyone!

I am trying to explain this as well as possible:

I am trying to do a multi-projector projection onto a step pyramid. I want some liquid to be poured on top of the pyramid and then flow down the steps on all sides of the pyramid.

The Media Server software needs the .obj file and a UV map + texture to be able to project the flowing animation realistically.

So first I would build an exact copy of the step pyramid in C4D and then use RealFlow to simulate the liquid flowing down the steps. I then would create the mesh and put a shader on it.

I then somehow would need to bake the Realflow mesh to the pyramid object's texture so that the Media Server Sofware can use it.

How would I do that?

Thank you for your input!

Greetings, Julian

ChristianZ

Re: How to bake a RealFlow mesh flowing down steps of a pyra

Postby ChristianZ » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:40 pm

Hi !

I have no clue how this media server works, but it sounds like you need to render the liquid simulation from RF in C4D using a camera projection setup. Then use the movie as a texture on the pyramid. Maybe this tutorial is helpful:
http://greyscalegorilla.com/tutorials/c ... 4d-part-1/

One of the past next limit challenges was the "fluid dimension" challenge where people had to make an animation of a still image and real flow animation combined.
RF10 standard, System specs: OSX 10.11, MacPro 4.1 2xXeon, GTX980Ti, 64 GB RAM

Jultec

Re: How to bake a RealFlow mesh flowing down steps of a pyra

Postby Jultec » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:51 pm

hi!

The media server allows for two possible mapping option in this scenario:

-Using parallel mapping.
-Using uv maps

Our current solution is to render the C4D animation with cameras from the front, left, right and top.

These videos can be used for parallel mapping on the media server.

To get the UV maps, we project the rendered videos with the same cameras on the corresponding surfaces and then bake the uv textures.

Its a bit tedious but it does work! :)

Return to “Cinema 4D”