Hybrido Mesh Vertex Maps (Shading by velocity)

Discussions about the use of Realflow in Cinema 4D
Mikkelm2

Hybrido Mesh Vertex Maps (Shading by velocity)

Postby Mikkelm2 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:00 pm

I've watched the Webinar: The Realflow - Cinema 4D Pipeline and getting vertex maps into c4d seems pretty simple, but when i import my .md files the MD tab is locked and i dont get any UV tags og vertexmap tags at all! Image

My realflow scene is a fairly simple hybrido setup with velocity channel switched on under the .md tab in the mesh in the export central. I've downloaded the newest realflow plugin for c4d, why isen't this working? If i'm not making myself clear, please ask any questions!! Really want to find a solution for this i can use velocity shading for my renders.

tsn

Re: Hybrido Mesh Vertex Maps (Shading by velocity)

Postby tsn » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:50 am

You're right - Hybrido MDs don't show any channels (I've been informing the plugin developer already).
Since you only want to use the "velocity" channel you can also use BIN mesh files instead. Another option is to create your meshes inside C4D with the RealFlow RenderKit from the RPC particle file sequence.

Cheers,
Thomas

Mikkelm2

Postby Mikkelm2 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:39 pm

Same problem when importing the .BIN mesh, however i do get a uv tag + RF_Mesh_SpeedZ, RF_Mesh_SpeedY and RF_Mesh_SpeedX. The MD tab is still locked, but under the BIN channel i have a few options, and click the magnitude check box seems to combine the 3 speed tags to one! I hoped this would work, but when loading the one speed tag into the vertex channel dosen't seem to do it.. here's an image of my setup.

- i also tried adjusting the scale parameter, still nothing.. :cry:

tsn

Postby tsn » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:52 pm

When there's a vertex map then you definitely have the channel's information. Change the importer plugin's order of materials and render again. If you still can't see the effect decrease "Scale" to very small values, e.g. 0.02.

The MD tab is still locked

Of course it's locked. You're working with BINs now, not MDs ;)

Mikkelm2

Postby Mikkelm2 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:40 pm

Tried all of this, still not working :s If i send you a cinema 4d scene file + 1Bin frame, can check out the scene? I've tried doing this multiple times without any luck :/

Thanks for response btw :)

tsn

Postby tsn » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:22 am

Yes, sure. Please PM me for contact information and I'll take a look at your scene. I also need a screenshot of the mesh's "Export Central" settings and the mesh itself. You can write out a XML file. That's the easiest way.

Mikkelm2

Postby Mikkelm2 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:10 pm

Just as i had taken screenshots, exported xml, saved scene files, etc. i tried to do the setup again in cinema 4d and this time it worked!!! Swapping the materials and using the scale worked as you said, but the thing that confused me was probably that the viewport diden't update, you have to render to see the changes, even in shadingmode.

Thanks so much for your help sir, you're a hero! :D

Here's also an image of my export central if anyone want's to see the setup.. but there's nothing special i guess, since i just simply used the bin files? ;)
Btw. you dont have a date for an updated plugin allowing us to access the MD tab?

tsn

Postby tsn » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:50 am

Thanks for letting me know. I'm happy to hear that it's working now 8-)

The fact that you have to render a frame in order to see the maps is due to a technical limitation inside C4D, and not really a plugin issue. The reason for the missing MD channels, on the other hand, is something we have to check. In my opinion it's related to a missing element inside the mesh: when you export MDs from a particle mesh you can see a "texture" channel in Export Central. This channel isn't available with Hybrido meshes. It seems as if this is a problem inside RF, not the plugins.

Mikkelm2

Postby Mikkelm2 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:06 pm

Thanks for the heads up on the limitation thing inside c4d, good to know. :D

I'm almost 100% positive that i once somewhere read that hybrido mesh dosen't support this.. kinda wierd the .Bin files support texture/vertex map when the MD's dont? hmm.. :roll: :?:

Mikkelm2

Postby Mikkelm2 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:10 pm

Found it.. Think this was the reason i stopped last time i was trying to get the velocity shading to work, but hey it work's now! 8-) 8-)

Source: http://support.nextlimit.com/display/rf ... /Cinema+4D - It's at the buttom.

Return to “Cinema 4D”