Replace low poly sd with high poly one?

Discussions about the use of Realflow in Cinema 4D
trance

Replace low poly sd with high poly one?

Postby trance » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:34 pm

I did an animation in RealFlow of a bottle splashing into a stream of water. First I used the polygon reduction tool in c4d to create a low res version of the bottle for the simulation and brought it into RF. I did all the animation in RF with no keyframes. Now when I export the water's mesh and the bottle back into C4d, not only does the bottle keep moving to the wrong position, but I can't figure out how to replace this low poly version with the high poly version of my model and keep all the same movements?
Please help!

ChristianZ

Re: Replace low poly sd with high poly one?

Postby ChristianZ » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:56 am

Take care that you choose the correct axis definition inside RF (it is in the preferences, for different 3D programs). There was also a bug in some versions of the C4D plugin that could cause mis-alignement of some objects.
Replacing the low res object: you should not neet to do this. Make in C4D a high-res object and a low-res object. Animate both together. For RF, use only the low res for export, then simulation of particles, but you don't re-import the lowres object, only particles. Or, if it is not practical, use only high-res objects for everything.
RF10 standard, System specs: OSX 10.11, MacPro 4.1 2xXeon, GTX980Ti, 64 GB RAM

trance

Postby trance » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:30 am

ChristianZ wrote:Take care that you choose the correct axis definition inside RF (it is in the preferences, for different 3D programs). There was also a bug in some versions of the C4D plugin that could cause mis-alignement of some objects.
Replacing the low res object: you should not neet to do this. Make in C4D a high-res object and a low-res object. Animate both together. For RF, use only the low res for export, then simulation of particles, but you don't re-import the lowres object, only particles. Or, if it is not practical, use only high-res objects for everything.

Hello Christian!

I just finally saw your response...
What if I am calculating both the particles and the dynamics of the falling object in Real Flow?
And do high-res objects greatly effect simulation time?

ChristianZ

Postby ChristianZ » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:54 am

Hi !

if there are no other problems with the import of a high-poly object into realflow, then why not directly go on and simulate everything with it ? Often it is not possible, because the high-poly object contains many sub-objects or is an animated character that cannot be converted properly for export.
RF10 standard, System specs: OSX 10.11, MacPro 4.1 2xXeon, GTX980Ti, 64 GB RAM

trance

Postby trance » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:42 pm

ChristianZ wrote:Hi !

if there are no other problems with the import of a high-poly object into realflow, then why not directly go on and simulate everything with it ? Often it is not possible, because the high-poly object contains many sub-objects or is an animated character that cannot be converted properly for export.

Ah I see. I will try that then. I was under the impression that simulating with high-poly objects would make simulations very slow. Thanks!

Return to “Cinema 4D”