C4D RF plugin limit

Discussions about the use of Realflow in Cinema 4D
Bugous71

C4D RF plugin limit

Post by Bugous71 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:50 pm

Hello,
I tested the demo version of the RF C4D plugin and I did not manage to do certain things:

1 - how to make so that an emitter can move an object such as: an object placed on a plane and the emitter pushes the object.
2 - Make foam with the water movements.

Is this possible with this version 3 of the plugin? If not, will there be a version 4 that will allow it to be done?
Or should you take the full version of Realflow software?

Sorry for my bad English,

Regards,

Bugous

ChristianZ

Re: C4D RF plugin limit

Post by ChristianZ » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:19 pm

Hi

There is an option to have rigid objects interacting with dyverso particles in PBD mode in Cinema-RF3, see this table
https://nextlimitsupport.atlassian.net/ ... teractions
But I found it easier to use in the standalone version with the Caronte rigid and soft bodies.
Regarding foam, that is pretty much the same in standalone when you look at the dyverso particles (hybrido large fluids is only in the standalone version).
in Cinema-RFv3 you would use the filter daemon to create particles that could act as foam, however it is not useful for oceans, ponds etc.
In summary, the standalone has more options, but the RFC4D version is easier to use directly inside the program.
RF10.5 standard + RFC4D3, Mac&Windows

Bugous71

Post by Bugous71 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:49 am

Thank you very much for your reply !

I did find the comparative table of the different versions of Realflow on the Nextlimit site but it is not very clear. Because there are many things that can be done with the Rf C4D plugin but in a slightly roundabout (diverted ?) way.
ChristianZ wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:19 pm
In summary, the standalone has more options, but the RFC4D version is easier to use directly inside the program.
This is exactly what I am seeing, using RF plugin in C4D is really comfortable, simple and efficient (I have the Xparticles plugin, getting realistic liquid is laborious and very heavy to view in the viewport and the caching crashes. ..) but the standalone version is limitless ... I am very divided for my purchase ^^.

ChristianZ

Post by ChristianZ » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:39 am

It depends on the type of projects you will work on. The plugin version is targeted at small-scale fluids. X-particles now has the ocean surface and similar tools, while the large scale fluids in the RF standalone version are not so attractive anymore (compared to Houdini).
RF10.5 standard + RFC4D3, Mac&Windows

Return to “Cinema 4D”