Filling a volume from the bottom

Discussions about the use of Realflow in Cinema 4D
Robert Dee

Filling a volume from the bottom

Post by Robert Dee » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:23 pm

I have a client job where I need to fill a cylinder volume with water from the bottom - camera filming down from above to show the cylinder filling. I have a horizontal inflow pipe with a circular emitter that pours the water in at the base. The problem I have is that it starts out fine but then reaches a certain point and the water doesn't get any higher in the volume, it just gets more dense presumably. I've tried lowering the gravity (half that of earth gravity) and it helps but everything I try tends to prevent the water rising or causing it to simply coat the inside of the volume rather than fill it as it would in reality. I've been using the PBD fluid for speed and I'm trying SPH but cache building time becomes unworkable. Anyone have any suggestions?

ChristianZ

Re: Filling a volume from the bottom

Post by ChristianZ » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:39 pm

Hi
I have a hard time to understand why the level of the water is not rising anymore. Are you sure that the particle number is still increasing at this point? Maybe you have a limit somewhere that stops the filling process such as the maximum particle number or a daemon?
RF10.5 standard + RFC4D3, Mac&Windows

Oldcode

Re: Filling a volume from the bottom

Post by Oldcode » Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:27 am

Is it possible you have something in the scene, like a plane object that may be blocking the water as it tries to rise up? :?: :?
"My sword and my service are yours."

"Then forever remind him of his vow, Knight of the Old Code."

Return to “Cinema 4D”