RF4: interacting with objects

Discussions about the use of Realflow 4
persius

Postby persius » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:38 am

Hello

I'm still getting familiarized with RF4 and would like to take it to the next step. I've picked up some 3D related magazines which offered some tutorials, but they didn't quite live up to the hipe. I'm looking for some tutorials which will allow me to move objects with RF i.e water pushing objects down the street etc.

If somebody can recommend a site with well written tutorials or related sources, I'd apprecaite hearing from you.

Thanks

Anaxarchos

Postby Anaxarchos » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:37 am

Just try yourself, it is not that difficult. Make sure the objects are set to active rigid bodies and have your emitters push them around.

You might use a cube as a passive RB (as ground plane/ walls) and scale that up, so your scene setting might fit into that cube.

Then create some other objects, e.g. spheres and turn them into active RBDs. Try out differnet properties for those and make sure to attach gravity and drag (drag is best to be set to 1.0 for a start when using RBDs...and only for those RBDs- with liquids 0.1 works better- probably you should be using exclusive linking with that one).

Create some emitters and make sure the linking's set up right.

...now see what happens, alter the values, play along....basically, that's it.
www.fk-fx.com

Return to “Realflow 4”