K_age variation has no effect?

Discussions about the use of Realflow 4
nathans

Postby nathans » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:18 pm

I ahve been trying to use the K_age daemon, with variation. But the variation seems to have no effect.

Ex 1:

var: 0

particles die ten frames after being emitted

Ex 2:

var: 5

particles die ten frames after being emitted

Will I need to script my own daemon or am I somehow using this one improperly?
peace

Ghosteg

Postby Ghosteg » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:52 pm

The k_age daemon variation do have an effect, but don't forget it's realflow and it could be a bug or something. From my experience, the variation is applied at the end of duration with a middle bias, for example u have 10 frames duration and 5 variation:

duration - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
variation - 1 2 3 4 5

so ur particle can live 8 9 10 11 or 12 frames. Retry the k_age daemon in another scene and check that u have proper interaction between the emitter and ur daemon.

nathans

Postby nathans » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:37 pm

K_age variation has (almost) no effect

I just made a test scene with two emitters side by side, one with k_age set to ten and the other with k_age set to 100 and variation set to 90.

the emitter with the variation has particles living up to two frames longer than the one with no variation.
peace

Ghosteg

Postby Ghosteg » Sat May 01, 2010 9:29 am

nathans wrote: K_age variation has (almost) no effect

I just made a test scene with two emitters side by side, one with k_age set to ten and the other with k_age set to 100 and variation set to 90.

the emitter with the variation has particles living up to two frames longer than the one with no variation.

well, the k_age daemon always works for me .... Try to create an emitter and a k_age daemon with a 0 duration and 0 variation, and resimulate, increasing every time ur duration with a frame.

Return to “Realflow 4”