Ver 1.4 Questions

Discussions about the use of IoSim Plugins
Oldcode

Ver 1.4 Questions

Postby Oldcode » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:45 pm

Hi Ole,

I just built myself a new computer and am moving my copy of Real Flow over to the new machine. I just installed the IoMelt plugin that I just bought from you and this is the first time I'm having a real chance to try it out. I have a couple of questions...

1. I've gone over the user's manual and can't seem to find a way to control how fast an object melts. I used the rocket object and filled it with particles. I've tried various settings and the melting always seems to be complete in about 50 frames. That's less than 2 seconds. Which control do I use to make the melting faster or slower?

2. I'm 99% sure I installed the full version of the plugin that you sent me and not the demo, but in the Messages panel in Real Flow, it keeps saying "The IoMelt plugin will work for the first 20 frames", but it seems to keeps on working beyond frame 20. Is this something I should be worried about?

Thanks in advance,

Oldcode
"My sword and my service are yours."

"Then forever remind him of his vow, Knight of the Old Code."

IoSim

Re: Ver 1.4 Questions

Postby IoSim » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:53 am

Hi

A License is locked to the computer it is issued for, so therefor you should request a new license if you've built a new computer.
So it shouldn't continue to melt after frame 20 if the license is either missing or wrong.

There are several ways to slow down the melt. If its a standard ambient melt, you should start out by decreasing the ambient effect and/or the ambient temperature. Also it makes a difference if the melted particles are linked to the master particles or not, as the melted particles influences the melt process if they are linked.

But feel free to send over or show me a screenshot of your setup and I'll be able to help you slow down the melt.

-Cheers Ole
Ole Lemming
RealFlow plugin developer
IoSim, Creative Thinking Lab
www.iosim.dk

Return to “IoSim Plugins”