Water Properties in Realflow

Discussions about the use of Realflow 3
holms

Postby holms » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:32 am

Hi..

I am trying to create water in Realflow.. But basically succeeded... But i need more realistic water by using realflow... Please see the flow of water in the followng pictures.. i am trying to make somthing like that...

Picture 1
--------

The above picture shows water falling in a Glass tank... Please remember this picture...

Now go to the first question....

About Picture 1

In the above picture, see the property & character of water. Water falling in to glass tank and spreading. In this case, the quantity of water may be less. The motion of that water is realistic. How can we make same property of water (Picture 1) in Realflow fluids? What are the required parameters changes in Emitter/Mesh/Object/Particles needed to make this simulation?

Picture 2
---------

This picture shows water making flood in a small street... Remember this picture also...

Now, go to the second question....

About Picture 2

Also in the above picture, see the property & character of water. It is really different when comparing with the first picture. In this picture, you can see that Water flooding through a small street. In this case, the quantity of water may be a huge amount but the motion of that water is realistic. And you can see that water is spreading & making more drops (Fragments) when colliding with the street walls & grounds (Objects). How can we make same property of water (Picture 2) in Realflow fluids? What are the required parameters changes in Emitter/Mesh/Object/Particles needed to make this simulation?

Expecting quick answers & replys from the Realflow Professionals...

Regards

Sree (Holms)

lukeiamyourfather

Postby lukeiamyourfather » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:53 pm

It's all about the scale. The first scene has a very small scale, and the second scene has a very large scale with many particles. Not sure if these were made with RF, I know the second one wasn't. If you're going for that look though crank up the external pressure on an emitter, and go for some very high particles counts. Cheers!

ChristianZ

Postby ChristianZ » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:44 pm

Not sure if these were made with RF, I know the second one wasn't.

Both examples are from the Flowline demoreel. These movies are certainly very impressive, but we don't know how many people worked on what kind of hardware for it. I think that has to be taken into account, when we try to replicate these demos.

BrooklynFunk's video and fluid settings might be a good start:
http://www.realflowforum.com/view_topic.php?id=1234
RF10 standard, System specs: OSX 10.11, MacPro 4.1 2xXeon, GTX980Ti, 64 GB RAM

Return to “Realflow 3”