filling a shape takes for ever...

Discussions about the use of Realflow 3
shaun_michael

Postby shaun_michael » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:39 pm

We would really benefit from seeing a screenshot or something of your scene after a few frames of simulation.

For some reason I'm under the impression you have a shape to fill, but you're talking about covering a floor. Could you clarify with some pictures and we would probably be able to be a little more accurate in as much as what sort of size you need your object compared to your emitter. Yes, scaling down an emitter means that you have to put some high res values in. What you can do to avoid that is to put a killing object directly infront of the emitter, say a hollow open ended, 3D cylinder (or tube for want of a better phrase). This will allow you to keep the emitter size and use relatively "normal" resolution values by killing off the other particles and letting the ones through the middle.

Sorry if I'm just missing something obvious, its been a long, and slightly tedious week at work.

Anyway, if you can, post a screenshot or two.

Shaun

CapitanRed

Postby CapitanRed » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:09 am

(hmm...i allready had the feeling that i forgot something)...I didn't take the scene at home, so I can't show it right now. I will not be at work for the next two weeks. I just let it simulate and see what will come out after this time.
sorry for that...

by floor I meant floor of the mesh...or ground...it's difficult to express in english ;)
like a box, and the lower side is "the floor" for me :)
so this means, the fluid didn't reach the sides of the mesh.

for the relation look at the picture. the mesh are praying hands(if you can't identify it out of my very cool drawing :biggrin: )

Attached files
www.Capitanred.carbonmade.com

shaun_michael

Postby shaun_michael » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:23 pm

I understand, the bottom of the object.

Shaun

CapitanRed

Postby CapitanRed » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:48 am

yes, that was the word i was mising in my wocabulary. great to not only learn about RF here :P

all right, two weeks passed, and i had a look on my sim. I think it's best if you take a look yourself

Attached files
www.Capitanred.carbonmade.com

Return to “Realflow 3”