Suggest : a new thread/forum for 'setting gallery'

Place your suggestions for improvements to the site in this forum
Anto

Postby Anto » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:37 pm

Hi,

I don't know what a good title for the 'setting gallery'. but i mean is a new thread/forum which contain the still/moving image result completed with the information about the scene setting and time of calculation.

the reason of this sugestion because :
1. it's hard to find a good setting for a kind of realflow simulation. its because there's many way to create many kind simulation, even if we use the search tools.
2. tutorials sometimes doesn't work, because we always need different simulation for different needs.

i guess with this kind of thread/forum we can share knowlege and crack up this forum members skills. i believe there's a lot realflow user out there need this kind of thread/forum.

hopefully, the moderator can consider this suggestion.

thanks for the attention.

~anto

shaun_michael

Postby shaun_michael » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:51 pm

You're right anto, it is a good idea to collect completed scenes together along with as much info about them as possible, and you can find it by following the link:-
Scene Repository

Everyone, feel free to post into the thread along with scene files and as much info about the scene as possible. If you read the first few posts you'll get the idea about what information we're after.

Cheers,
Shaun

Anto

Postby Anto » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:49 pm

whoa !
that was quick reply :happy:

thx for the link & info, Shaun.
i've follow the link, seems like its too complete.. hehehe... its beyond my expectation.

actually, what goes in my mind is way more simple. inside a sub-forum, there's a still image (like in gallery/finished project). under the image, there are informations, like :
- title : pouring water
-scale = 1.0
-emitter = circle, 0.3x
-res = 8
-dens = 850
...etc...

so its like sharing what we've done (completed), compare with others, and open a discussion about it. maybe theres suggestion to make it better, or question, or applause, whatever.

well, its only a suggestion. maybe Shaun or anyone here have better perspective ?

thx
~anto

shaun_michael

Postby shaun_michael » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:52 am

We do encourage members who are able to, to add their settings to the scenes they place in the Finished Work: 3D Animation Forum but for many it's not possible for them to disclose the settings, or methodology in the sort of detail you describe. One of the main problems with having a library of settings (hence why NL doesn't have one available to users) is that virtually every single setting has an effect on the outcome even if it's a minor change, and there are many many different settings that all interweave in RF.

The best we can do is ask people to kindly disclose their settings (and also their scene if they want) so that others can try it, adjust it, add to it etc. I think both the Scene Repository Thread (which would be nice if it were Sticky) and the Animation Forum serve the purpose you're eluding to.

I hope that answers your question.

Have a browse through the forum I've mentioned and you'll see what I mean.

Shaun

ChristianZ

Postby ChristianZ » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:10 am

Hi

that is also my opinion on this topic: the "Scene Repository" may become a sticky or even sub-section, but only the emitter and objects settings don't help enough in order to re-do a certain effect (it is a start though and I would be glad to read about these settings in the respective discussions on finished animations). I have experienced this already when trying to follow some tutorials without having the scene files from the author.
RF10 standard, System specs: OSX 10.11, MacPro 4.1 2xXeon, GTX980Ti, 64 GB RAM

Return to “Suggestions”