Import Project from MAX to Realflow -> Cannot move or rotate Object

Discussions about the use of Realflow in Autodesk 3dsmax
Soluna

Import Project from MAX to Realflow -> Cannot move or rotate Object

Postby Soluna » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:56 am

Hello community,

first of all: I´m quite new to Realflow. I´m a student in media and I´m currently trying to get used to the program. My first problem is: Everytime I export a project from 3ds max via "SD File Export" and import it into Realflow I´m not able to move or rotate my object. I guess it has something to do with the red disk in the nodes which says "Node read and write from disk is disabled". Additionally I´m getting the warning: Node Hauptkörpe data export is enabled but none of its resources is checked on Export Central.

I´ve already googled for it but I´ve only found topics about exporting from Realflow with the wrong settings which might cause that problem but I´m importing and not exporting or am I wrong?

Thanks for your help!

Greetings,

Soluna

ChristianZ

Re: Import Project from MAX to Realflow -> Cannot move or rotate Object

Postby ChristianZ » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:46 am

Hi

no, none of these warnings have something to do with the fact that you cannot move or rotate the imported object. Every imported object from SD-files is initially locked, because these object may contain animation information from your host application (baked animation).
So go to the node settings of your imported object and click "SD <--> curve" button. This releases the object from pre-recorded animation and you can start moving it.
RF10 standard, System specs: OSX 10.11, MacPro 4.1 2xXeon, GTX980Ti, 64 GB RAM

Soluna

Re: Import Project from MAX to Realflow -> Cannot move or rotate Object

Postby Soluna » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:05 am

Thanks a lot!!! That helped me very well! :) And thanks for the quick reply!

Return to “Autodesk 3dsmax”