Krakatoa and Frost particle import rotated and mirrored.

Discussions about the use of Realflow in Autodesk 3dsmax
fip

Krakatoa and Frost particle import rotated and mirrored.

Postby fip » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:36 am

hi all,

I saw one other mention of this issue but with no followup. I thought I'd start a new thread. ...

I am diving into the connection between Realflow and Krakatoa and hit an issue. I loaded an preexisting RF project into MAX via Krakatoa's PRT loader. the particles are a Hybrido RPC sequence and they load with all their detailed complexity intact. however, the whole particle cloud is reversed - mirrored so that fluids that flowed to the right are now flowing to the left and visa versa. they are also rotated 90 degrees. applying MAX's Mirror modifier only seems to reverse the PRT icon. has anyone else run into this before? I have confirmed that all of the instances of translating RF RPC sequences into 3ds MAX via Frost and Krakatoa cause this result on my system.

here is a screen cap of three instances of import. the orange mesh is an imported mesh object from RF and sits correctly in the scene. the pink mesh is a Frost Mesher object, mirrored and rotated during import. the green particles are Krakatoa PRT import of the same RPC file. I moved this one away from the world center so it can be seen, as it arrived in the same exact location as the Frost object. (although the top view of the Krakatoa object looks slightly different than the other meshes, a side view confirms the exact same profile.)

thanks for any info on this issue.

-fip
Attachments
sm-screencap2.jpg
sm-screencap2.jpg (160.48 KiB) Viewed 1337 times
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai

fip

Re: Krakatoa and Frost particle import rotated and mirrored.

Postby fip » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:42 pm

I've returned to this question and have determined that the 90 degree question is not really the issue - only the mirroring. when importing the exact same RPC sequence with both the RF particle loader and the Krakatoa PRT loader, the Krakatoa particles are mirrored. in the JPG below, the blue particles are RF and the gold are Krakatoa. anybody have any idea what is going on?
Attachments
RF-Krakatoa-mirror.jpg
RF-Krakatoa-mirror.jpg (245.04 KiB) Viewed 1261 times
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai

ChristianZ

Postby ChristianZ » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:24 pm

And what is NL support saying to this problem (via the form at the customer gateway)?

Unfortunately, questions regarding 3dsmax and Realflow have rarely been answered here lately. We do have active members using C4D, Lightwave and others.
RF10 standard, System specs: OSX 10.11, MacPro 4.1 2xXeon, GTX980Ti, 64 GB RAM

Ezekion

Postby Ezekion » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:56 pm

Hey fip,

I think we all get that trouble when importing krakatoa sequence.
However, just in case you didnt already find it out, a simple mirror (i think it's x axis, not sure tho) and one (or 2 ?) 90° rotation are enough to match the original orientation of the particles.

Return to “Autodesk 3dsmax”