Realwave Strange motion artifacts

Discussions about the use of Realflow in Autodesk 3dsmax
matty_bkk

Realwave Strange motion artifacts

Postby matty_bkk » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:48 am

I've been trying to work out what I thought would be rather simple, its a basic logo animating (from 3DSMAX) in across a real wave surface. But there are some strange artifacts happening that I am unable to solve or understand why they are occuring...

Please refer to this link for video reference... The F and Z have the strongest artifacting effect when the letters come to settle. There is a popping effect on the realwave surface which looks completely ugly. I tested a cube from MAX and it works fine with no strange artifacts...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWkqLh6 ... e=youtu.be

I have thoroughly checked the mesh for anything out of order, originally there was some duplicated vertices but I've fixed it and its still producing the same result. Just for test purposes I animated a cube in the same fashion as the letter and that worked perfectly!

I've adjusted the simulation steps mutliple times, switching to fixed at a high value and still the strange artifact remains...

The only thing I think I could be doing wrong is some sort of scale set up maybe, I read Realflow works in metres, so I adjusted my setup to that but it still remains the same. I plan to try a larger scale as decreasing didn't work so I'll be trying that.

I'm totally confused and frustrated and hoping you guys can show me what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks!

Matthew

matty_bkk

Re: Realwave Strange motion artifacts

Postby matty_bkk » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:55 am

Just a follow up on this issue. I change the animation position controller from Position XYZ to TCB Position, of course the animation changed but this artifact popping effect stopped happening!

Do I have to bake the animation into a key per frame or something???

Return to “Autodesk 3dsmax”