River foam question.

General Discussions about realflow, fluid simulations,...
rich0550a1

River foam question.

Post by rich0550a1 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:16 pm

Hi all,

Does river foam need splashes? Or will a fairly fast/large river generate foam from the domain. Without the need for bubbles, splash, or waterline?
Is this the best practice. Should emission be turned way up to 400,000 or such with a large sim?

Forester

Re: River foam question.

Post by Forester » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:28 pm

Hello Rich0550a1.
I've been looking at this question for several days without forming an answer. The difficulty is that the question is not clear enough to provide a good answer. More information is needed. For example, are you referring to the Hybrido simulation engine? (I'm assuming that is true, but it would be big help to clarify.) Another difficulty is in the question "Does river foam need splashes?" - Do you mean in the real world, or do you mean, should I add them when using the Hybrido sim engine? Apologies if this seems silly, but I cannot guess how to form the answer until I know more about your objective.

Also, I see that you have a question that is related to this one, but for Autodesk MAX. So, it would be very helpful to state that you are using MAX in this question.

A very good way to begin these questions is to start by describing your objective, briefly. The final difficulty I've been having in trying to approach your question is that I don't know your objective. Do you want to have foam, bubbles or splashes in your river simulation, or are you trying to avoid them because of the scale of your scene. That is, are you making a sim of a close-up view of the river, or a mid-ground or far-ground view?

I'd like to help, but I've not got enough information to be useful to you.
Windows 7 Pro 64 - Realflow 10.1.2.0162 (Nov 2017 patched) Standard Version

Return to “General Discussion”