HyDomain - Ocean Statistical Spectrum is NOT working

General Discussions about realflow, fluid simulations,...
David_VFX

HyDomain - Ocean Statistical Spectrum is NOT working

Post by David_VFX » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:51 am

Hi, my first post here. I'm tired all the week because I cannot figured out how to fix the problem. I tweaked parameter in Ocean Statistical Spectrum of Realwave then when I'm satisfied with it, I applied it parameter in HyDomain - Ocean Statistical Spectrum . But the simulate is not working. Then no matte how hard I try push the higher and higher parameter of "wind speed", "wind alignment"," vertical scale", the simulation is still not working, there is no wave in the surface of Hybrido Ocean. This is attach file or link of the file. I hope people can help me, please !!! Thanks so so much !

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NMtm2H ... sp=sharing

David_VFX

Re: HyDomain - Ocean Statistical Spectrum is NOT working

Post by David_VFX » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:32 am

Please help !!

ChristianZ

Post by ChristianZ » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:12 am

I will have a look at this over the weekend. Also, I recommend to use the "ocean force" daemon to create more waves so that you have more control.

Apart from that, my main problem with hybrido is that those scenes keep on randomly crashing here on the Mac, which is a little demotivating to deal with it.
RF10.5 standard + RFC4D3, Mac&Windows

ChristianZ

Post by ChristianZ » Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:17 pm

Hi

unfortunately, I was not successful with solving this problem. As soon as I turned on "use displacement" in the mesh, the calculation times went up and created meshes that could not be imported to another program. Also, the mesh was not visible in the viewport, only when selected. But I have not used this method much ever and so I don't know if I am doing it correctly....
But what you can do is using the other method that I have already mentioned, using the "ocean force" daemon to create waves.
RF10.5 standard + RFC4D3, Mac&Windows

Return to “General Discussion”