Object Filled with Water and Dripping

General Discussions about realflow, fluid simulations,...
codyburke3d

Object Filled with Water and Dripping

Postby codyburke3d » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:42 pm

Hello,

I'm doing some R&D on a project coming my way and part of the project is getting a look very similar to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7xRke5PV3Y

The object will be more complex but it must look like it's made out of water, and be dripping water as well. That test on YouTube is a perfect example. Any tips to get me moving in the right direction to achieve a similar simulation in RealFlow?

Thanks!

ChristianZ

Re: Object Filled with Water and Dripping

Postby ChristianZ » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:08 am

Hi

I think the texture emitter would be my first try for this type of effect. It depends how important the "body" of the dripping object is. If it should drain or fade away, the filter daemon may be useful to achieve some kind of melting effect (transfer of particles to another emitter that is linked to stronger gravity).
RF10 standard + RFC4D

ChriFF

Postby ChriFF » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:54 pm

I would also think that an animated texture for the emission is probably the best way to emit the particles if you want to avoid scripting/graphs. Some kind of animated noise texture with white spots for the emission.
The rest is to find good settings in the colliders properties for friction and the particles attraction to the surface...

codyburke3d

Postby codyburke3d » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:10 pm

Thanks for the replies!

I'll have to look into the texture emitter and filter daemon. However, in that YouTube example it doesn't seem like they're using either of those. Maybe the sphere has a texture on it though? In the openGL preview he's using:

Fill_Object
Circle_01
Circle_02
Sphere
Plane
Gravity
k_Volume

Seems like a simple setup I just can't seem to get a similar look. Circle_02 has 0 particles up until about 0:06 in, but he's not using a filter daemon to do that otherwise it would be listed right? I'm also not sure why they're using the circle emitters....

ChriFF

Postby ChriFF » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:01 am

i think he used some scripting, because as you can see the emitter with the blue particles is called "Circle01", but is emitting from a spheres surface and not from a circle.
Same for Circle02 - you can even see the actual Circle-object in the background, but the particles are not coming out of the circle..

ChristianZ

Postby ChristianZ » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:08 pm

Yes, the title of his video suggests that it is about a script, some kind of melting script.
RF10 standard + RFC4D

codyburke3d

Postby codyburke3d » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:27 pm

Ah yeah. I used a translator for his description "Капли образуются на поверхности эмиттера после" which came out to say:

Drops are formed on the emitter surface after

I'll post progress in this thread as I continue to experiment...

Sewell22

Postby Sewell22 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:35 pm

codyburke3d wrote:Hello,

I'm doing some R&D on a project coming my way and part of the project is getting a look very similar to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7xRke5PV3YTransfers Orly

The object will be more complex but it must look like it's made out of water, and be dripping water as well. That test on YouTube is a perfect example. Any tips to get me moving in the right direction to achieve a similar simulation in RealFlow?

Thanks!

Thank you very much

Return to “General Discussion”