Studio Lighting Kit For Use Within Realflow

General Discussions about realflow, fluid simulations,...
Forester

Studio Lighting Kit For Use Within Realflow

Postby Forester » Thu May 18, 2017 12:11 am

If anyone needs to create production quality studio lighting renders directly within Realflow, I made a cheap kit for this purpose. It is available here http://www.expandingwave.com/product/st ... -realflow/ for a cost of just $9.00 USD.

Studio lighting is used for illustration and for product renders. The Maxwell Render "lite" program within Realflow is wonderful, but uses a Constant Dome or "environmental" type of lighting. This is great for the most common types of Realflow projects, but not so great for things like wine pours and such. One of the features of studio lighting is the ability to add lights and control their direction, dispersion, color and strength. So, this simple little kit allows for that, and contributes 30+ light emitter materials to anyone using Realflow. The "kit" includes a document describing the elements of the kit, and provides a step-by-step set of directions for making a studio lighting type of render. Part of the document is displayed on the web site.

Sorry to be charging a little money for this, but the effort to make the kit and document required a couple of day'w work.
Windows 7 Pro 64 - Realflow 10.1.2.0162 (Nov 2017 patched) Standard Version

Forester

Re: Studio Lighting Kit For Use Within Realflow

Postby Forester » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:03 pm

Also, at Expandingwave.com, there are free tinted (colored) water materials, and one very small set of foam materials.

From time, to time, I'll be posting other free materials to use within Realflow. If anyone has a particular need for a certain type of material, please let me know. I'll try to make such materials as my private time allows. I am using Substance Designer and Maxwell Render Studio, so I can create a lot of things. Plus any lights anyone needs for Realflow. No charge - just happy to participate in the Realflow community.

Also plants ... I really am a professional forest ecologist and I've made a lot of plant materials and models if anyone needs anything like that for use directly within Realflow.

And, of course, there is one free Realflow fountain scene project, with more coming later this summer. Help yourself, and leave me a little comment if there are other things you like or you need.
Windows 7 Pro 64 - Realflow 10.1.2.0162 (Nov 2017 patched) Standard Version

Return to “General Discussion”