Realflow creates unwanted folder?

General Discussions about realflow, fluid simulations,...
kjonyou

Realflow creates unwanted folder?

Postby kjonyou » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:36 am

Hey guys, very basic here. New computer has a very small C: drive and very large D: drive. So Installed on the C and pointed everything to save on D. The problem is, every time I open up Realflow, it creates a second user folder on my C drive for me with nothing in it except empty 2015 Realflow folders. If I delete them just come back every time I open up the program. I went under preferences and pointed every path to D but its still trying to create an empty folder on the C. Any ideas how to tell Realflow my User Folder is in another location?

ChristianZ

Re: Realflow creates unwanted folder?

Postby ChristianZ » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:13 am

This new folder might be necessary for the licensing system by RLM and maybe the demo scenes.

But, if you have pointed the main path for new projects to D, the bulk of the simulation data will be the location that you choose in the project window for new projects and not on C.
RF10 standard, System specs: OSX 10.11, MacPro 4.1 2xXeon, GTX980Ti, 64 GB RAM

kjonyou

Postby kjonyou » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:31 pm

The new folder is empty with several empty sub folders, no license in there. I really would not care except for that fact that it creates a second top level User Folder. So I see two identical User folder icons when I click on show desktop. One with all my data pointed to the D drive the other with empty folders on the C. It gets confusing which one is which. Everything else, saving, creating new projects all work correctly and save to the D drive as mapped through preferences in Realflow.

ChristianZ

Postby ChristianZ » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:58 am

Everything else, saving, creating new projects all work correctly and save to the D drive as mapped through preferences in Realflow.

So you are not in danger of overfilling the system drive. For the other problem I cannot help since it does not happen here... maybe ask Nextlimit tech support on the customer gateway.
RF10 standard, System specs: OSX 10.11, MacPro 4.1 2xXeon, GTX980Ti, 64 GB RAM

Return to “General Discussion”