how to use bitmap emitter

General Discussions about realflow, fluid simulations,...
darkczar

how to use bitmap emitter

Post by darkczar » Thu May 19, 2016 7:56 pm

I'm in Realflow 2015. I'm trying to use an animated jpg sequence as an emission mask. I have an object emitter pointing to my geometry. I have a bitmap emitter pointing to my texture. How am I supposed to get the texture onto the geometry? I've tried hooking the nodes together. I don't see anywhere in the bitmap node to assign a piece of geometry. I don't see anywhere in the object emitter to apply an emission mask. Anyone?

It's been years since I used RF....

darkczar

Re: how to use bitmap emitter

Post by darkczar » Thu May 19, 2016 8:14 pm

The geometry I'm trying to use is a triangulated deforming mesh from Maya, imported as an .sd file. Do I need to import an .obj sequence? I still can't figure out how to use the texture to emit from the deforming geo, in terms of hooking them together. Right now the bitmap emitter is emitting at the origin.

darkczar

Post by darkczar » Thu May 19, 2016 10:20 pm

As a workaround I am using texture-based emission in Maya, then meshing those particles to create a deforming mesh I can emit from in Realflow.

bitSeq

Post by bitSeq » Fri May 20, 2016 9:43 am

The workflow is to use the object emitter, in the speed value you can add a texture map sequence, right click on the speed tag to bring up the menu.

Return to “General Discussion”