Wetmaps with Poser Objects (Multiple Sub Object Materials)

General Discussions about realflow, fluid simulations,...
thenodemaster

Wetmaps with Poser Objects (Multiple Sub Object Materials)

Postby thenodemaster » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:53 pm

I have a Daz3D object (V4 character mesh) which has multiple sub object materials--think limbs, torso, face, etc--and I am wondering how I would go about generating the wetmaps for all of these separate materials. In general, the three main texture channels are head, torso, and limbs. How would I go about generating the wetmaps for these sub material groups. Looking inside Realflow at the wetmap section for the mesh object, there is nothing to specify which sub material--or applying to ALL sub materials based on UVW mapping--to be used. I ran a google search for this issue but have not come up with much of anything. The mesh object is static and I am trying to generate the wetmaps for the water cascading down the mesh from the emitter. Any sort of advice on this is greatly appreciated.

thenodemaster

Oldcode

Re: Wetmaps with Poser Objects (Multiple Sub Object Material

Postby Oldcode » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:25 pm

Hey,

I've tried using wet maps with the V4 characters as well, but I'm sorry to say it does not work very well. The problem is for example a character was wading knee deep in the water, then you'd see the wet map also affect other areas of the body.

You can get around it somewhat by simply not applying the wet maps to every part of the character's body, but it's not precise. So far, I have found that for a mesh as complex as V4, its not really usable.

Good Luck,
"My sword and my service are yours."

"Then forever remind him of his vow, Knight of the Old Code."

thenodemaster

Re: Wetmaps with Poser Objects (Multiple Sub Object Material

Postby thenodemaster » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:30 am

That is what i figured. Sad to find that a package as expensive as realfow cant handle multisubobject materials. Thanks for the reply. Much appreciate.

Return to “General Discussion”