Newbie problem

General Discussions about realflow, fluid simulations,...
SoniczCWG

Newbie problem

Postby SoniczCWG » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:41 am

Hi , i have problem which i hadn't in the same project and i have no idea what´s going on.I am doing normal one hour tutorial , with only one script , and everything was working fine.But then from some reason when i press "simulate" then it will very slowly render one frame, or nothing , and then it will get stuck (picture), and i can´t click at anything, i have to close it via task manager.My computer has Intel i5 2.30 GHz,12GB RAM,Win 7 home premium ,GT520M , seems like no problem with hardware , at least i think.I also tried to rework project , reinstall RF and nothing helped.About 120,000 particles here.And sorry for my poor english. :?

ChristianZ

Re: Newbie problem

Postby ChristianZ » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:55 pm

Hi

the script in your scene could send the software into heavy calculations. Is this problem also occurring with the demo scenes?
Defective RAM or processor overheating can also lead to hangs sometimes.
RF10 standard + RFC4D

SoniczCWG

Postby SoniczCWG » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:47 am

In simpler scenes everything working, but i don't understand it because i tried to look in task manager while it was getting stuck , and CPU and Ram wasn't used even from half ..

ChristianZ

Postby ChristianZ » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:28 am

It would be more worrisome, if there would be suddenly such a problem in a simulation that never created problems before. But here, I think the script leads to the freeze. Simulation software like Realflow, but also others, can become unstable at some point in the calculations. This then leads to crashes or hang/freeze.
RF10 standard + RFC4D

SoniczCWG

Postby SoniczCWG » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:15 pm

I fixed it ! I tried to use here less particles (from 120K to 4K), and again reinstalled RF.You were right probably that there was too heavy calculations.Many thanks for your help , i appreciate it.

Return to “General Discussion”