How do you get filled objects (with water) to mix/interact with emitted water particles? Help please!

General Discussions about realflow, fluid simulations,...
justinker

How do you get filled objects (with water) to mix/interact with emitted water particles? Help please!

Post by justinker » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:38 pm

Hello,

So I have filled some geometry (topography of bottom of river) with water particles using the standard particles fill option at a higher density (1600) ( to replicate sand sort of ).
I'm then emitting water from an emitter above it.
The water spills nicely onto the geometry and flows down but there isn't any interaction between them- none of the filled geometry mixes or reacts to particles being dropped onto it. Id like for a few particles of the topography(orange) to be pushed by the emitted water particles.
Is there a way I can make this happen?
Thankyou again for your help

Justyna
Attachments
screenshot.jpg
screenshot.jpg (204.94 KiB) Viewed 71 times

ChristianZ

Re: How do you get filled objects (with water) to mix/interact with emitted water particles? Help please!

Post by ChristianZ » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:06 pm

Hi

make sure that both emitters are from the same particle/solver type (seems ok) and the same resolution. You can give the sand more sandy behavior by increasing density and using a drag-force dameon and k-speed daemon with keep option connected only to the sand emitter.
RF10.5 standard + RFC4D3, Mac&Windows

Return to “General Discussion”