WIP competition 2009

Realflow competion "highspeed"
alven

WIP competition 2009

Postby alven » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:11 pm

Competition entry - while it's still Jan 15th...

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to share with you my work for this competition, even though it didn't get to the point of being a real competition. I guess that's why I newer started a new thread on this topic before now.

Click for movie (7.3 Mb)

However, I have achieved what the competition set out to do; stimulate to test and do personal work with the grand prize being the experience gained through the the work.

I started with a project similar to what initially triggered my interest for RealFlow, the RF tutorial in 3DWorld #85. Since then I have been studying the behavior of all sorts of fluids, and seeking to find a solution to recreate them in RF.

I started with a droplet, but the droplet developed into something more like a bucket of water, with fairly high density in order to increase the impact. Sim is done with 360 fps, rendered on 30 fps in C4D.

The linked video is indeed a WIP, the meshing is far from perfect, and the shading and lighting is basic. The render time prevent me from doing a new attempt before the competition closes, but it will be posted a little later.

Two images of one of the frames is posted underneath, with fairly better shader/lighting. One frame is with bowl, the other the liquid alone. Obviously :)

Cheers!

Alven

BrianLooney

WIP competition 2009

Postby BrianLooney » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:03 am

Looks great!
Brian Looney
Tulsa, Oklahoma

Return to “Challenge 2009”