Research & Development Examples

Discussions about the RF-magazine created by tsn
tsn

Postby tsn » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:46 am

On the RF_magazine website (http://www.rf-magazine.com) you can now find new examples of the latest R&D work, like partial destruction with fluid interaction, choppy waves and a first test for a script, creating underwater explosions.

Please go to:
[ Link has expired ]

Enjoy!

Chman

Postby Chman » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:16 am

Sounds cool !

I'm curious about the choppy waves... How did you implement it ? Scripting ? I started writing a scripted wave based on tessendorf ocean generation technique but never finished it (need more free time). Or maybe it's a secret hidden in the next rf-magazine issue ?

The "Destruction of a Footbridge" looks great too.

Tom

calvin

Postby calvin » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:36 pm

Just had a look at your site. Great stuff. The footbridge project is really cool also the cracking wall. I think I have to learn how to script.

overload

Postby overload » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:04 pm

Hey TSN,

The python issue I bought was great!. Just curious, do you work for realflow or is this just your own thing you have going?? Also when's the next issue coming out so I can buy it :).

Anthony

tsn

Postby tsn » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:06 am

Thanks for all your comments.

@Chman: Sorry, at the moment I can´t say very much about the wave generation. In fact, it´s rather easy and I think I´ll write a free tut on this. Thank you for your understanding.

@overload: No, I´m not working for NL. RF_magazine is my own project.
The next issue will be released on Feb., 28th. It´s about Rigid Body Dynamics.

Spongebob

Postby Spongebob » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:42 pm

Yeah, I am waiting for the explosion/smoke/plume style example. I have still been playing with that. I think the closet I get is by doing the 2 fluid interaction and then leaving one fluid out of the render. But I know that there has to be a way to achieve that effect by scripting or whatnot...

georgerobinson

Postby georgerobinson » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:14 am

Its useful content i got from here. Trying to find out the maximum benefits of the mentioned information here. I think this will contribute in my dissertation writing on the basis of this topic.

Thanks for nice sharing..:)

Return to “RF-magazine”