RF_magazine "Scripting With RealFlow" is out!

Discussions about the RF-magazine created by tsn
tsn

Postby tsn » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:05 am

The new RF_magazine "Scripting with RealFlow - Introduction" has been released. For more information and a complete list of contents, please visit:

http://www.rf-magazine.com/2_issues/issue_0702_01.html

http://www.rf-magazine.com

shaun_michael

Postby shaun_michael » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:26 am

Excellent work Thomas. Credit card already burning a hole in my pocket.

Shaun

Archieb7

Postby Archieb7 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:00 am

Thanks Thomas, I really enjoyed this issue!

Spongebob

Postby Spongebob » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:23 pm

Ok this is another one of those questions that I may ask, and no one will ever reply too :) But I will ask anyhow'z.

On page 6 of the new issue there is a picture "Fig.1 Script Affected Particles of an Emitter". Now that image shows what appears to be an effect that I have been hunting to try to achieve. It appears to be an advanced shielding effect that is scripted. And it is something that I tried to do for some time, and have in some respects. BUT...I know that through sripting you can achieve that effect of a quick bust of fuel exploding up and the particles kinda curling under themselves as the plume of particles rise. Voxels I believe is the term for that kinda effect...

So in the first issue I have of the RF magazine most of all the example images appeared to have a file associated to that image. So is there one for that image I listed above or am I out of luck and can only hope someone will offer some advice or a file to share how you can achieve that rising shield effect plume style effect?

I have tried the "Shield Effect" check box but with little luck in slowing down the leading fastest particles and creating that curling effect as they slow down and the faster particles continue to push past those slowed down particles.

hope this makes a little sense...;)

Spongebob

Postby Spongebob » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:32 pm

Did I put this question in the wrong spot...possibly I should post it in another part of the forum?

overload

Postby overload » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:42 pm

This magazine was absolutely great. I purchased it a couple weeks ago, and I still have yet to find another resource for RF scripting as complete as this. Thanks for making it, looking forward to further ones :).

Anthony

ChristianZ

Postby ChristianZ » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:03 pm

@Spongebob: I think you question deserves a thread on its own, such as "how to script a smoke-daemon or a mushroom cloud ?" or something like that.

Tsn wrote on his website, that this topic will be covered in a future issue of the magazine ....once the development of the script is ready.
RF10 standard, System specs: OSX 10.11, MacPro 4.1 2xXeon, GTX980Ti, 64 GB RAM

Spongebob

Postby Spongebob » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:22 pm

Dang, well that dashes my day. I had initially hoped that it was in that issue since I could see that image before buying that issue and was excited to learn that specifically. And I was going off the first issue where most images were related to a file that was included. Don't get me wrong though it is still an amazing resource, it is just I have really been looking forward to learning how to do that effect.

I will start another thread in relation to this.

Thanks all!

tsn

Postby tsn » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:12 am

Sorry for the late reply - I´ve totally overseen these messages.

As ChristianZ already mentioned, the vortex/plume issue will be covered in a future release about advanced scripting. The picture in RF_magazine is only of supporting nature for the introductions chapter - a "teaser", showing what you can achieve.The picture you´ve seen was just a first test and far away from being ready. R & D grew and there´s already a promising approach.

In the Python section you can find a few threads about this issue.

Return to “RF-magazine”