Cup Drop

Showcase your finished work
glynius

Cup Drop

Postby glynius » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:41 am

Cup of coffee dropped at floor, i am working now on a second version that the cup breaks at pieces

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEvQk4RzByc

Comments please

Glynius

vuchl

Cup Drop

Postby vuchl » Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:43 pm

looking forward for the second video with the breaking cup

thing i've to mention
-what are the white stipes at the end of the video on the floor?
esnips-folder: www.esnpis.com/web/RF+C4D

"Man knönte den gößretn Bölsdnin shcrieben und torztdem knan es jdeer lseen!"

glynius

Cup Drop

Postby glynius » Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:55 pm

It is a mistake from the texture maps

Tok Tok

Cup Drop

Postby Tok Tok » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:11 am

the cup should bounce more.

And please! add some friction to the floor. Why am i always the only one who sees that?!

Specially chocolatemilk is thicker and so it will stick to the floor, by adding some friction it will. And if want to finish the job add a little stickyness.
More is by definition not always better.
You just got to play it smart. :happy:

shaun_michael

Cup Drop

Postby shaun_michael » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:04 pm

And please! add some friction to the floor. Why am i always the only one who sees that?!

I can assure you that you're not, but considering what glynius has been through to get this animation up and running whilst wrestling with the broken cup version, I think credit for perseverance is in order, as well as your fully justified crits.

Shaun

glynius

Cup Drop

Postby glynius » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:45 am

Hi! Thanks for the comments.
The truth about the friction on the floor is that i was not trying to make chocolate, i was trying to make coffee, thats why i redused the friction on the floor. Maybe i should use wet maps but i still have problems with this, anyway, if i find some time i will correct the problems. For the second version with the broken cup, i have extremely big problems, even that shaun and cristianz help me a lot.

Glynius

Tok Tok

Cup Drop

Postby Tok Tok » Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:30 pm

wettmaps are great. but still without the friction they will get too big, the fluid is sliding all over the place and will not take a drop form on the surface.

I think that friction on surfaces is often a higher number then most people think.

I think credit for perseverance is in order, as well as your fully justified crits.

yeah sorry, but sometimes i just dont feel like over-complimenting someone.
The way i got where i'm standing now is to be hard on yourself and be critic!

in other words: Nothing is ever good enough.

shaun_michael

Cup Drop

Postby shaun_michael » Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:22 pm

yeah sorry, but sometimes i just dont feel like over-complimenting someone.
The way i got where i'm standing now is to be hard on yourself and be critic

Well thats good. You know, I got part of the way to where I am now by doing exactly what you're doing, never being satisfied and always setting my own personal standards way above everyone elses. I got the rest of the way by encouraging people, making people understand that there are improvememtns to be made but without them feeling like there's nothing good going on, and by listening to people more than talking to them.

Sometimes, one has to put emotional reactions to one side and think carefully about what gets the best out of a person. Its all part of what's known as emotional intelligence.

Your criticisms were justified Tok Tok, no-one's talking about over-complimenting anyone. I felt, however, that the delivery needed work and that the tone was not in line with what makes this a really friendly forum where one shouldn't feel uneasy about showing work BUT one that's helping people to improve at the same time.

Thank you for undersdtanding.

Shaun

Tok Tok

Cup Drop

Postby Tok Tok » Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:46 pm

Well thats good. You know, I got part of the way to where I am now by doing exactly what you're doing, never being satisfied and always setting my own personal standards way above everyone elses. I got the rest of the way by encouraging people, making people understand that there are improvememtns to be made but without them feeling like there's nothing good going on, and by listening to people more than talking to them.

yes you're right, and it's good to hear that from someone with a lot more experience then myself.

And about the part of emotional reactions, yes i was in a bad mood ;)

I dont want to make this a discussion, but i'd like to say this:

I will just say what i think of someone's work, wether that's positive or negative.
Being really friendly is not always the best way to approach someone.
I think you know as nobody else that working with constituents in the real-world is harder then the front of a train. ;)

Back on-topic:

I saw this other post of you, glynius, and that's a really great sim!
choco

glynius

Cup Drop

Postby glynius » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:46 pm

Hi people. First of all be sure that i am not in here because i need compliments from anyone, i post my work in here and i accept all the well-intentioned critisism. I also felt that Tok-Tok was not well-intentioned and i accept that maybe he was not in a good mood, but it would be better just to post his comment without any further personal annotation. I see also things that i don't like but i try to be polite on my comments.

[h]Tok-Tok: I will just say what i think of someone's work, wether that's positive or negative.
Being really friendly is not always the best way to approach someone.
I think you know as nobody else that working with constituents in the real-world is harder then the front of a train.[/h]

Nobody told you not to say your opinion Tok-tok, and i also believe that being friendly is the only way to approach someone, or at least to approach me. Being friendly has nothing to do with complimize.

Glynius

Return to “Finished Work”