http://it.youtube.com/results?search_query=realflow+cocktail

and the final picture

Attached files

shaun_michael

cocktail

Postby shaun_michael » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:34 am

Hi Deam,

Looking nice.

If I may offer a couple of observations. It would be nice if your fluid tapered at the beginning and end of it's flow. Right now it looks as though the particles are coming directly from the emitter. Use some sculpting geometry to organise the particles a little more into the sort of shape you'd get when pouring fluid. Also, making the fluid "glug" more helps. The effect you get when the fluid traps itself in the neck of the bottle/carton, whatever. You can do this by keyframing the speed of your emitter throughout, or animating a piece of geometry that blocks the neck of a bottle in and out of the way to make the fluid glug/chug whatever you care to call it.

Secondly, you'll notice a few drops spilling out of the glass onto the floor, and them skimming across it. Might I suggest that you increase the friction setting on your floor a little to stop it from skating across like that.

A nice little piece, well done.

Would you care to run us through any issues you had that you either did or didn't solve, and how you found the whole process?

Shaun

vuchl

cocktail

Postby vuchl » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:57 am

I think it looks pretty good . i'm not a pro in rf (not at all) but i would go with shaun's suggestions . but i'm really impressed of the slice of lemon. that looks cool
esnips-folder: www.esnpis.com/web/RF+C4D

"Man knönte den gößretn Bölsdnin shcrieben und torztdem knan es jdeer lseen!"

raderfan

cocktail

Postby raderfan » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:59 am

Good stuff
keep up the good work. I cant offer any RF advice, Shaun is the man for that
but your rendering needs either more raytracing rays or an enviroment. That would help fix the straw and dark areas at the base of the glass
hey Vuchl I liked your sink for the contest.
Effects Lead Kompost
http://www.kompost.tv
www.tsunamifx.com
soyerc1@gmail.com

Return to “Finished Work”