Create Underwater Bubbles by Standard Particles

This forum is for specific questions or issues regarding the use of the Realflow-Forum
johnny18

Create Underwater Bubbles by Standard Particles

Post by johnny18 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:08 pm

Hello, I'm a newbie that just got Realflow 2015 and i want to do a scene which object fall into a tank and create a water splash. But i don't know how to create underwater bubbles when the object drops inside, i had tried using hybrido fut the mesh is too heavy to bring into 3Ds Max and i can't find any tutorial like that. Is there any way to create water bubbles when the object drops ? PLease help. The scene i want to make just look like this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLL6oseE5_U

ChristianZ

Re: Create Underwater Bubbles by Standard Particles

Post by ChristianZ » Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:47 pm

Hi

the Hybrido Bubbles are probably the easiest method to create such an effect and there is an example scene that comes with RF. The hybrido system deals better with the relatively large tank that you need for throwing the object inside, instead with standard particles you first have to fill it up which makes the simulation rather slow.
Without the hybrido you may use a similar script as people use to make foam for the bubbles. Just give the bubbles a very high surface tension and smaller density than the water around it and these particles will rise inside the larger container of water particles.
RF10.5 standard + RFC4D3, Mac&Windows

johnny18

Post by johnny18 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:43 pm

ChristianZ wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:47 pm
Hi

the Hybrido Bubbles are probably the easiest method to create such an effect and there is an example scene that comes with RF. The hybrido system deals better with the relatively large tank that you need for throwing the object inside, instead with standard particles you first have to fill it up which makes the simulation rather slow.
Without the hybrido you may use a similar script as people use to make foam for the bubbles. Just give the bubbles a very high surface tension and smaller density than the water around it and these particles will rise inside the larger container of water particles.
Thank you, but are there anyway to make hybrido mesh less heavy when I import it to 3Ds Max ? It keep not responding and I can't even see the mesh when I play the timeline. And for the script, can you show me how ? because I'm very new to RF and there's not much tutorials for RF with 3Ds Max. sorry for bad english.

ChristianZ

Post by ChristianZ » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:02 am

Hi

the first two posts have to be released by a moderator, that why it did not appear first.

Make the mesh lighter: use the "Optimize" tab of the mesh parameters and there the "curvature" setting. In this way a polygon-reduction step is done every time when the mesh is created. The meshes still may become large files, but it is rarely possible to just manually move back and forth in the timeline and immediately see an update when RF has to load such large datasets. For a better overview you can make a preview-movie of the entire simulation (OpenGL preview).

The scripting option would be a possible way only when you don't do the project with hybrido, but instead with standard or dyverso particles, but I would try first with the hybrido to make these bubbles.

johnny18

Post by johnny18 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:45 am

Thank you :D

ChristianZ

Post by ChristianZ » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:44 pm

Because I like the idea of throwing things into the water, I tried to make a bubble simulation using hybrido and its secondary bubble particles. It kinda worked, but there still is an issue with small bubbles that seem to be hold back from travelling to the surface. It may be necessary to increase the buoyancy force (which is already set to 30) or to animate some of the parameters such as using k-age for the bubbles etc.

https://youtu.be/CLu2Xb4Hphs

Return to “Forum Support”