flow is getting longer in the end..

This forum is for specific questions or issues regarding the use of the Realflow-Forum
shahmeer2002

flow is getting longer in the end..

Postby shahmeer2002 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:57 am

hi, i am pretty new to realflow. i was watching a tutorial of water flowing through a path and then it drops in the glass.
the problem is that i stopped the flow after 50 frames, the size of the flow is small and i want it to be that way to the end of the simulation but instead it elongates itself and becomes thinner the more it simulates, i have attached the images, can someone tell me what am i missing.. Image

ChristianZ

Re: flow is getting longer in the end..

Postby ChristianZ » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:36 am

The "speed" parameter of the emitter is animated with keyframes.

It is not visible on your screenshots, but I assume the value is animated to go to zero after some time. You can change that by scrolling the timeline without simulating and entering different values in the field and clicking on the small circle next to the word speed in order to set a new keyframe.
RF10 standard + RFC4D

shahmeer2002

Postby shahmeer2002 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:04 am

yes i keyframed it, at 49 its 1 and on 50th frame its 0. so it doesnot keep emitting. the question is why the total size of flow elongates itself after i turnoff the speed.

ChristianZ

Postby ChristianZ » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:15 pm

Ok, I see.

You can make the keyframe more sharp. For that make a right click on the circle next to "speed" and select "edit curve". In edit curve you can influence the timing better.
Also, if you have a drag daemon in the scene, the liquid experiences some resistance and gets stretched over time.
RF10 standard + RFC4D

Return to “Forum Support”