another forum?

This forum is for specific questions or issues regarding the use of the Realflow-Forum
rebusb

another forum?

Postby rebusb » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:22 pm

Hi.
been active on what I thought was the real flow forum... looked a bit different than this one, not much activity there lately but did get comments from luis and other officials... now google feeds me this slightly more active forum. Had to make new account, login didn't work from other site. Is there another RealFlow forum lurking out there, not the unofficial one, one associated with next limit?

ChristianZ

Re: another forum?

Postby ChristianZ » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:13 pm

Hi

ok first thing first: you are on the "unofficial RF forum" here, which was founded a decade ago by people interested in RealFlow but not satisfied with the official company forum options at the time. The first two postings have to be unlocked by an administrator or moderator here in order to fight spam accounts.

Then there is the official forum run by Nextlimit http://www.realflow.com/forum/index.php
The admins there want to make sure that the users are real customers, so they have some mechanisms to check that before you can post.

CGtalk is probably the computer graphics forum with the most activity, but you have to be lucky to meet experts for specific software there.

Anyway, it is not easy to entertain detailed discussion on forums about software with thousands of parameters. There clearly are limits.
RF10 standard, System specs: OSX 10.11, MacPro 4.1 2xXeon, GTX980Ti, 64 GB RAM

rebusb

Postby rebusb » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:52 pm

Thanks for the reply and the explanation.

Did this site used to actually be called "The Unofficial RealFlow Forum" ? I think I may have had an account here then, but I couldn't remember my info and the usual emails didn't work; I thought I had entered some kind of parallel universe. :roll:

ChristianZ

Postby ChristianZ » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:34 pm

Yes, that's correct.
Welcome back :mrgreen:
RF10 standard, System specs: OSX 10.11, MacPro 4.1 2xXeon, GTX980Ti, 64 GB RAM

Return to “Forum Support”