Novedge webinar "Crash Course on Realflow 10's New Features"

News about Realflow, Fluid Simulations,...
ChristianZ

Novedge webinar "Crash Course on Realflow 10's New Features"

Postby ChristianZ » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:06 pm

A Novedge webinar will take place on Feb 1st (free, but requires registration), title "Crash Course on Realflow 10's New Features" with Brandon Young
2/1/2017 — 11:00:00 AM PDT

https://novedge.com/webinar/230
RF10 standard, System specs: OSX 10.11, MacPro 4.1 2xXeon, GTX980Ti, 64 GB RAM

Forester

Re: Novedge webinar "Crash Course on Realflow 10's New Features"

Postby Forester » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:03 pm

Thank you!

This should be interesting. :P

ChristianZ

Postby ChristianZ » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:33 am

This is happening today, by the way.

I hope it will be recorded and available on the website, but it could take a while until it appears there.
RF10 standard, System specs: OSX 10.11, MacPro 4.1 2xXeon, GTX980Ti, 64 GB RAM

Forester

Postby Forester » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:34 pm

It will appear on both Vimeo and YouTube as a Novedge Seminar, according to the moderator.

This was a too-brief demonstration of the Granular, Elastics and Ridgid's properties of Dyverso - Realflow Version 10. Plus a very short demo of Realflow 10's "pack and go" zip file builder, some points about setting Environment file locations. Plus a wonderful demo of how the fall-off mode for something like the Noise Daemon can be formed around an object, instead of the Daemon's centroid. That's what was covered in an hour - not intended to be a comprehensive coverage of the Dyverso Solver in all its glory.

The potentially most useful item was the fall-off boundary bit, unless you are seriously into Sand, Elastics and Ridgid collision uses of Realflow. If you are directing a coherent (uniform vertical and horizontal) stream of particles at some object, and you want it to go into noisy mode at the object impact area, then this ability to move the fall-off boundry to the object is for you. For example, I want to pour wine into a glass, and have the wine splash make interesting shapes within the glass. (Something that distinguishes commercially successful pouring wine products from others, such as found on TSquid.) Now, I can simply set the Noise Daemon to be essentially the shape of the glass. And control the Noise Daemon in the conventional manner. This is as opposed to using an invisible Cross Object at the point of wine stream impact on the glass, or as opposed to just taking whatever splash shape is generated by naked impact with the glass interior (often messy and spraying in every direction). Hard to explain without some graphic illustrations...apologies.

Relatively few questions, but Brandon did make two great points, several times over. One point is to experiment with Sub-steps, all the time. Sometimes you want less, rather than more. Much of time, for good control, you want more. But don't get too generous or go too crazy with increased sub-steps. Second point is that the Dampening setting for Dyverso is sort of the equivalent to viscosity setting for the SPH (standard fluids) solver. A good thing to explore and plan on using on a regular basis.

And that's pretty much what the show was about.

brandony

Postby brandony » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:00 am

hey guys yeah was under the gun to only do an hour, i wish i could have gone in depth more. i like think that i showed how easy it is just kinda jump and make cool stuff pretty quick.
Brandon Young
www.byvfx.com
FX Artist | TD

Forester

Postby Forester » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:34 pm

Thanks for doing this video, Brandon. It was very good, and every bit helps. :D

Return to “News”