RealFlow 10

News about Realflow, Fluid Simulations,...
Oldcode

Re: RealFlow 10

Postby Oldcode » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:42 am

Yeah, it looks great, but I'm just a hobbyist and cannot afford over 1000 dollars for something I do for fun in the evenings when I get home from work. :(
"My sword and my service are yours."

"Then forever remind him of his vow, Knight of the Old Code."

fip

Postby fip » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:36 pm

has anyone gone the upgrade route yet? the email talked about a full and upgrade versions to be found at the new store site. but I can't find any hooks to implement an upgrade purchase - either there or back at the user portal.

-fip
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai

ChristianZ

Postby ChristianZ » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:18 am

That worked for me (I did this annual maintenance thing, where you have one upgrade included). The store is now fully "personalized"…. if you login as existing customer into the portal, then go to "your upgrades" and select products in order to see the price.
RF10 standard, System specs: OSX 10.11, MacPro 4.1 2xXeon, GTX980Ti, 64 GB RAM

fip

Postby fip » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:14 am

ChristianZ wrote:That worked for me (I did this annual maintenance thing, where you have one upgrade included). The store is now fully "personalized"…. if you login as existing customer into the portal, then go to "your upgrades" and select products in order to see the price.

thanks christian. I did go there to see if my maintenance was still active. I saw the RF10 listed at the bottom and it did show the word FREE so I clicked it. the page I went to showed the price as 0.00 but the status was unpaid, with no way to complete the transaction. RF10 now shows under my "product list" but w/o any download action available, and no license listed.

I just figured I did it wrong. but looking closer, it seems like my maintenance was no longer active. OK - no free path for me. but besides the free upgrade, I would assume that there would be a discount for owners of previous versions. I've been with RF since it's initial release. the 1095 price for new users is the only one offered to me (?).

-fip

ChristianZ

Postby ChristianZ » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:13 am

I am not sure, of course, but it may still work. The "unpaid" appeared here also, but then I went on to the "license generation" and it worked and so everything else went smoothly.
RF10 standard, System specs: OSX 10.11, MacPro 4.1 2xXeon, GTX980Ti, 64 GB RAM

fip

Postby fip » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:37 am

ChristianZ wrote:I am not sure, of course, but it may still work. The "unpaid" appeared here also, but then I went on to the "license generation" and it worked and so everything else went smoothly.

yes, you're quite right. I was able to generate a license and afterward the link to my download appeared in the DL page. NL should include a walk thru for what is a rather convoluted new workflow. thanks for the details!

Deejay

Postby Deejay » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:13 am

same boat as oldcode, I only do this as an evening hobby, hopefully LE will return :|

Oldcode

Postby Oldcode » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:59 pm

I've posted a question on their forum, and even sent them a message directly to their sales email, but so far nothing. Maybe they are just tired of dealing with people like us who only paid a small amount but have a zillion questionds. :?
"My sword and my service are yours."

"Then forever remind him of his vow, Knight of the Old Code."

Forester

Postby Forester » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:22 am

I'm having a little problem obtaining the upgrade version also, but I expect that to be resolved this week. The sales and technical support staff have always been pretty responsive to any concern I've had.

In the interim, I downloaded the free Demo version and am pretty impressed with this new version.

It looks like most of the concerns I've had with Python code have been addressed, when I no longer expected anything at all. The Python implementation still stands at 2.4, even though most of the world has moved on. But RF10 includes code examples for Dyverso and Hybrido for all the critical functions. So, the programming staff seem to have developed Python extensions for RF particles that were really, really needed. Am still working through those to see if they actually do work as advertised, but so far, I can make foam and bubbles right and left with Python.

The Filter Daemon now includes particle collisions with other particles, as well as with objects. This is a major breakthrough. One of those "little" things that makes a lot of things work better. Similarly, the kill_Object is going to be tremendously useful. A great idea - why didn't we think of having this before!

I haven't had time to investigate the "sand" and "snow", but if RF is going to be competative with Houdini, these probably were necessary items. Also, have no way to investigate the interoperability with Maya and Max (Alembic, et. al.) until I get my "upgrade" version, so don't know about these, yet.

Looks like I'm finally going to have to spring for a new graphics card to really test the new overdrive speed levels - sigh! But I knew this day was coming - LOL! Anyhow, from what I see in the Demo, Dyverso and Hybrido are sweet, sweet, sweet!

IoSim

Postby IoSim » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:14 am

Hey

I couldn't help but making a small comment about this :
the kill_Object is going to be tremendously useful. A great idea - why didn't we think of having this before!

Actually, I came up with this about 5 years ago and created a plugin : IoKillbject :-)
So somebody did think about this before. ;-)

-Cheers Ole
Ole Lemming
RealFlow plugin developer
IoSim, Creative Thinking Lab
www.iosim.dk

Return to “News”