Realflow Core for CD4

News about Realflow, Fluid Simulations,...
Vitor Teixeira

Realflow Core for CD4

Postby Vitor Teixeira » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:25 pm

What do you guys think about this Realflow Core for CD4? I'm mostly a Max user but sometimes I do some animations inside C4D because of his connection with AE. Will this be a game changer or what possibilities will this bring? I would really love to ear something from C4D users.
Cheers

http://blog.digitaltutors.com/nab-2015- ... t-manager/

ChristianZ

Re: Realflow Core for CD4

Postby ChristianZ » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:49 pm

Hi

yes, I am a C4D user, but it is hard to conclude much until we know how deep the integration works. Will it become possible to interact fluids with objects that are still parametric and can be modified and deformed?
Let's see.
RF10 standard, System specs: OSX 10.11, MacPro 4.1 2xXeon, GTX980Ti, 64 GB RAM

Vitor Teixeira

Postby Vitor Teixeira » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:06 pm

I'm a little bit worried about what´s going to happen to 3ds Max and from time to time I'm checking C4D because i love the way it works. Let's see what the future will bring...

ChristianZ

Postby ChristianZ » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:48 am

On the autodesk side, it seems clear now that their main VFX-platform will be Maya. Interestingly, Maya is now less expensive than Cinema4D Studio :shock:

But Cinema4D was not considered a good software for VFX until the recent past, because it does not have a very sophisticated particle system (they have thinking particles but it stayed behind many years compared to the Max version). And they have no inbuilt fracture or fluid features. Recently, a couple of plugins appeared to fill this gap (for $$$ of course).
RF10 standard, System specs: OSX 10.11, MacPro 4.1 2xXeon, GTX980Ti, 64 GB RAM

Vitor Teixeira

Postby Vitor Teixeira » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:55 pm

I agree and I started in this forum with Maya and then migrated to Max because of PFlow, Krakatoa and FFX.... but it's becoming very interesting the different relationships that are being established between Houdini, Maya, C4D, Realflow and don't forget the game engines. I think their paths are becoming very clear and everyone one of them is following a certain direction. I think, perhaps, I don't know but it seems that they are trying to narrow the market and divide it by areas, between them.

danrealflow

Postby danrealflow » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:00 am

RealFlow Sales & Marketing Assistant

Return to “News”