Maya plugin location

Discussions about the use of Realflow in Autodesk Maya
jpau00

Maya plugin location

Postby jpau00 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:48 am

It seems like this should be simple, but I cannot find the installation files for the Maya plugin anywhere.
Are they supposed to be in the Realflow folder? I am not seeing anything like that in there. There is no indication of any plugins in my gateway, nor can I find anything on the RF website. I downloaded and installed the RFconnect, but that seems to be something different.

Where are they? Any help would be appreciated.

ChristianZ

Re: Maya plugin location

Postby ChristianZ » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:59 pm

So, in the customer gateway you need to create a link to the appropriate installer in the download section. Since you say you have already the RFconnect for Maya (maybe this is the problem, that you have an RFconnect for another software?), it seems you did this already and are all set now. Run the installer and it should install the plugin in your Maya file structure. Inside Maya, you need to activate the plugin in the manager and then it should appear with its own shelve of icons.
RF10 standard, System specs: OSX 10.11, MacPro 4.1 2xXeon, GTX980Ti, 64 GB RAM

jpau00

Postby jpau00 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:11 pm

I downloaded RFconnect for Maya and installed it. I do not see any plugin in the Plug-in Manager for Realflow.
I am using Mac OS. Should the RFconnect install automatically install the plugin into my plugin folder in Maya?

I go in the RFconnect folder and there are only folders for arnold, procedurals and shaders, the eula and the release notes. No plugin install.
I am using Realflow 2014 and Maya 2015.

ChristianZ

Postby ChristianZ » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:42 am

Ok, I see. I am using the latest versions of each soft, RF10 and Maya2017 so it is a little bit a different environment. The installer would normally place the files automatically in the right folders and you the only activate them inside Maya.

In principle, you don't need the latest RFconnect, but rather the "old" plugins from at least two years ago. I think the best is to contact Nextlimit directly (by the support ticket link in the customer gateway) and ask them to send you older versions of the plugins.
RF10 standard, System specs: OSX 10.11, MacPro 4.1 2xXeon, GTX980Ti, 64 GB RAM

Return to “Autodesk Maya”