Rigid bodies rotation bug after import.

Discussions about the use of Realflow in Autodesk Maya
Artistus

Rigid bodies rotation bug after import.

Postby Artistus » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:43 pm

Hi!

I have a problem with rotation animation imported in Maya from rigid bodies simulation in RealFlow.
Actually I was simulating falling coins pre-made in Maya. I imported them from sd file as multibody and they are Active Rigid Body.
Other surfaces I imported as regular objects and set them as Passive Rigid Bodies. Added gravity and simulated.
So when I import the result back into Maya and open Graph Editor when any of the coins are selected I see a very strange thing. Instead of saving regular rotation values into keys for every frame, my coins' graph are jumping from 180 to -180 degree values or backwards when the rotation reaches respective values. It causes the problem with Motion Blur in Maxwell, because when Maxwell gets to the frame before and after the "jump" it calculates motion blur like the coin does one revolution between those frames. And that looks weird. Sudden full revolutions of random coins in rendered animations. This is very clearly seen if I change animation FPS in maya from imported value to some other value, like from 24 fps to 60 fps after importing or decrease from 25 to 15 fps for example and previewing the animation. Look at attachment. What's this sudden spike on blue Rotate Z graph on frame 101?

Can I somehow make RF or Maya to not limit rotation values for simulated rigid bodies only by -180 to 180 degree range or fully switch off these limits?
Attachments
CoinRotationGraph.png
CoinRotationGraph.png (101.18 KiB) Viewed 557 times

ChristianZ

Re: Rigid bodies rotation bug after import.

Postby ChristianZ » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:34 pm

That looks a like a bug in the RFconnect plugin for Maya. If possible, try with an earlier version of Maya. If that does not work, it would be the best to contact Nextlimit support. Sometimes they send you a beta version of the import plugin.
RF10 standard, System specs: OSX 10.11, MacPro 4.1 2xXeon, GTX980Ti, 64 GB RAM

Artistus

Postby Artistus » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:24 pm

Thank you Christian.I'll try some options and post back results in few days.

ChristianZ

Postby ChristianZ » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:45 pm

It might be the multi body that is the problem. Importing the animation.sd with multiple single objects seems to work (just looked at a project in Maya2017 on the mac)
RF10 standard, System specs: OSX 10.11, MacPro 4.1 2xXeon, GTX980Ti, 64 GB RAM

Artistus

Postby Artistus » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:29 am

I tried importing them as separate bodies, but RealFlow hangs when importing more than 1000-1500 coins.

Return to “Autodesk Maya”