direct connect Only nucleus?

Discussions about the use of Realflow in Autodesk Maya
ytsejam

direct connect Only nucleus?

Postby ytsejam » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:47 am

Hello everybody. I have an issue on charging particles .bin in maya from realflow bin loader particles. Last Direct connect plugin. It create only a nucleus solver, not particles legacy solver. There is a workaround to this.
Thanks

ChristianZ

Re: direct connect Only nucleus?

Postby ChristianZ » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:46 am

Hi
which version of Maya are you using? The new versions of Rf-connect plugins for Maya2017 are not yet published.
RF10 standard, System specs: OSX 10.11, MacPro 4.1 2xXeon, GTX980Ti, 64 GB RAM

ytsejam

Postby ytsejam » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:32 pm

The version was 2016. Now the latest plugin for maya 2017 is done but it missing the legacy particles. I see on the "others script folder" in maya installation folder, that there is a procedure that call if maya version >= 2014 run nParticles, else use legacy. But no chance to selecting what particles using on emitter creation.
Another one is that realflow missing the channels. No channels on PerPArticles Attribute like version before this.
Anyone?

ChristianZ

Postby ChristianZ » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:50 am

I can confirm that there is only a nucleus emitter created with the import. Sorry, I don't know Maya well enough to have an answer on possible conversion of particles.
Maybe a workaround with older versions of Maya?

ytsejam

Postby ytsejam » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:47 am

Thanks ChristianZ to confirm this

The workaround is to modify realflowCreateEmitter.mel The last procedure change from this:

Code: Select all

{
   if(realflowGetMayaMajorVer() >= 2014)
      return reaflowCreateNPartEmitter($nameFormat, $padding, $path, $prefix, $type, $lod, $offset, $useRange, $rangeStart, $rangeEnd, $rangeClip);
   else
      return realflowCreateOldEmitter($nameFormat, $padding, $path, $prefix, $type, $lod, $offset, $useRange, $rangeStart, $rangeEnd, $rangeClip);      
}

to this:

Code: Select all

{
   if(realflowGetMayaMajorVer() >= 2017)
      return reaflowCreateNPartEmitter($nameFormat, $padding, $path, $prefix, $type, $lod, $offset, $useRange, $rangeStart, $rangeEnd, $rangeClip);
   else
      return realflowCreateOldEmitter($nameFormat, $padding, $path, $prefix, $type, $lod, $offset, $useRange, $rangeStart, $rangeEnd, $rangeClip);      
}

But it create only the emitter node not particles, so first create legacy particles, and after on DynamicRelationship editor link the emitter to particles and it work as i'm espected.

Anyway where is rfrk? And why this release updated to maya 2017 doesn't cover the arnold version ship with Maya 2017? Is it strange? Yes

ChristianZ

Postby ChristianZ » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:34 am

Thanks for posting this workaround for legacy particles!

Anyway where is rfrk? And why this release updated to maya 2017 doesn't cover the arnold version ship with Maya 2017? Is it strange? Yes

Well, the RFRK for Maya was mainly made for mental ray and that is no longer here by default. Arnold is not the only external renderer, but nextlimit might simply continue to support their own renderer, Maxwell.

ytsejam

Postby ytsejam » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:52 am

Maybe there is something that i missing.
On last release "realflow connection plugins" there is an update to maya 2017 and a support for arnold 1.2 i don't remember wel sorry, but some support for previous release of arnold renderer. This is strange to me. Anyway there's no problem. We try in another manner. And what method do you suggest to load particles bin without realflow? Despite the problem on losing channels?
Thanks

ytsejam

Postby ytsejam » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:19 pm

So a question. The realflow connect plugin load the bin files. I was wondering how to map temperature attribute to rgb or with a ramp. The problem is that the plugin missed the rfChannels: rfage;rfVelocity etc etc etc.
Can you help me please?

ChristianZ

Postby ChristianZ » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:20 pm

I have to dive deeper into this topic. And I am still angry with autodesk and Nvidia how they have handled the transition to Maya2017: the give Arnold, but only some kind of demo version because you cannot batch render sequences. At the same time, MentalRay from Nvidia is not yet (still not) available as a plugin for purchase. By the way, Arnold is not at all inexpensive.... Practically, the best way would be to continue to work with Maya2016 for now.

ytsejam

Postby ytsejam » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:50 pm

Same to me but at the end i find Arnold a good choice. Do you have test rendering millions particles with it? Awesome, Mental ray stop working and freeze Maya before to start. Arnold a couple of seconds. Anyway my problem is how to use Channel for Example the "Temperature" and map it as RGB. Really to me is hard. Not render but shading the particles. I see a tutorial on youtube that mapping velocity. It the same kind of channel? But realflow naming convention for Temperature channel what is?

If i'm using 2016 the problem of missing channel is there. How i work if i don't see never?

Return to “Autodesk Maya”